So Saturday we decided to go to Rock port to go fishing, since Ryan's brother was up there camping. Well while Ryan and his brother went on the boat me and his sister in law decided to just chill by the campground. Bodee was walking around and then all of the sudden he tripped into the fire pit! I didn't even have enough time to tell him to move away from it, it just happened within a second. The fire wasn't going it was the hot wood dying down. Still it was hot enough to burn my son, I was freaking out luckily Wendie has really fast at pulling him out and dumping a gallon of water on him. I will have nightmares of the day of him screaming so hard and just holding on to me. So we got hold of the guys and they came rushing back. Ryan and I took Bodee to Primary Children's Hospital since it was closer than any where else. I still can't believe after 10 Min's of screaming he was acting fine like nothing happened but then there was me who was freaking out and couldn't stop crying. At the hospital we had to wait 3 hours to get in which was fine since Bodee was having a blast driving there little car that they had around.
The doctors at the hospital were amazing they were so nice and very gentle with Bodee. I do not want to go through that again, it just killed me to see him like that and it still bothers me to even look at it. I do have a picture of his arm I took it while we were cleaning it. The good news is that I took him to the doctors today and they said it looks really good and shouldn't scare that bad. It looks a whole lot better today then on Sunday when we took this picture.

5 comments:
That is so scary! The burn looks very painful! But I am glad everything turned out to be okay!
Oh that's so sad. At least you got to him quick enough. Glad to hear he's ok!
That is way scary! I'm glad it's going to be ok though! Poor little guy, and poor you!
oh my gosh that's so sad- I bet you were freaking out! I'm glad he's doing better now!
Oh I'm so sorry! My older brother fell in a fire pit when he was little too, I think around 1 year old. He had 3rd degree burns and was in the fire like 10 seconds. I don't know if you can even see the scars too bad. I would be freaking out too!!! :)
Post a Comment